Sunday, March 17, 2013

Success!

We had a wonderful quilt show! Our co-chairs organized everything so well and there were many able and willing volunteers. Our "Needful Things" booth was a great success! We were very pleased. So many generous quilters donated and/or bought items. Thank you! Here's Helen, Connie and myself waiting for buyers.


Best of Show was made by Joyce Jones. It was so beautiful! We've watched her stitch those leaves one by one. A photo doesn't do it justice.


More ribbons on these next quilts. Connie's lovely "Bow Ties" from Pam Buda's Prairie Women's Sewing Circle, Journey One.


Connie's "Christmas Presents". The pattern by Kate Spain using Flurry fabric was adapted for a charm pack by LuAnn Krug from  Loose Threads blog.


The pattern "Lilies for Connie" was a must make for Connie using gorgeous repro fabrics.


Helen's beautiful "Venetian Tiles" was taught in a class by Lana at The Quilted Cottage.


Helen's striking "Nan's Harvest" was made using a Thimbleberries panel and their Autumn Sunset fabric line.


This is my "Spinning Flowers" made from a Humble Bee Quiltworks pattern.


"Starstruck" I made from a Bonnie Hunter class taught for our guild in the fall of 2010. I love the blues and cheddar.


These are my two little entries made from a Lori Smith Quilt Squares pattern. I was really surprised to find ribbons on them.


Our guild website will have all of the quilt show pictures up soon. I'll share when it's ready.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, My, Jeanne, these are such gorgeous quilts...
Heartful congratulations to you, and Connie, and Helen!
Those ribbons are well deserved, for sure, and I'm happy that your event was a success. Well done, ladies ;>)

XOXOXOXO
NADINE

LuAnn said...

What gorgeous quilts you girls have in this post. Congratulations! And, who could resist buying something from you girls at the quilt show? I know I would have bought something if I'd been there. I'm glad you were successful!

Karendianne said...

Success indeed! Those leaves must be incredible in person. Lori Smith patterns are a favorite. Bow tie with red! Love it. All of these are fantastic. Great body of work from the show. Congrats.

Kyle said...

Congrats on your successful show. Your starstruck quilt is visually exciting.

Kindred Quilts said...

Wonderful quilts! Congrats on a successful show! Your Starstruck quilt is my favorite!

Cathi said...

Fabulous quilts!
Congratulations on your ribbons!

TLC said...

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the quilt photos.

antique quilter said...

glad the show was a success, love blue and cheddar too!
omgosh your quilt 123 is beautiful love your fabric choices and the quilt is so pretty.
congrats on ribbons, what a wonderful surprise but well deserved !!!
Kathie

Diane said...

great quilts-glad the show was a success! congrats on your ribbons

Behind My Picket Fence said...

Congratulations on a successful show! I know how much work goes into them - what an accomplishment. One beautiful quilt right after another. Wow.

Behind My Picket Fence said...

Congratulations on a successful show! I know how much work goes into them - what an accomplishment. One beautiful quilt right after another. Wow.

Mary said...

Good job on the quilt show. Congratulations on your ribbons.Have not had the chance to go to a quilt show yet. Your showing of quilts, makes me want to go so bad. Enjoy your day.