Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Day After

Today I made a few more scrappy stars for Terry's quilt along. They finish at 6" and are really fun to make.


My husband, who is celebrating his birthday today, likes to attend auctions. He is always bringing 'treasures' home for me. Yesterday he gave me a shoebox size plastic container full of old sewing items and pieces of jewelry.
While sorting through it, I found this thimble holder in the form of a hat! It's
in need of cleaning, but I think it's really cute.




Heading to Shipshewana next week for the fall Dear Jane Retreat. I'm making my stack of projects to work on while there.

9 comments:

Terry said...

I love your star blocks! And what a cute thimble holder! :0)

LuAnn said...

Your star blocks are great. I love the scrappy look. I used to have a little hat that held a thimble, but not sure it is still in my old sewing box.

Ellen said...

Your star blocks do look great - I am so tempted to make some too.

Carol said...

Love your star blocks...I need to get busy on mine. What a cute thimble holder...and a very sweet hubby to bring you treats!

Kindred Quilts said...

Love your scrappy star blocks! How will you be finishing them? What a treasure the crocheted hat thimble holder is!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your star blocks. I've never seen a thimble holder like that. How cute!

Deb A said...

I love your star blocks! I think I need to add some scrappy stars for the 2013 'to do' list. How big do your star's finish at?
The thimble holder is very cute.

Michelle said...

Oh...I like that you are making your stars 6"! Very cute! What a great find with that thimble holder...someone was very creative with that idea!

Greenmare said...

I love your star blocks!!! and that little hat is just stinkin cute!