Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Starstruck

Bonnie Hunter visited our guild and taught classes back in September, 2010. By October I had sewn the blocks. Today I have a flimsy! I wanted to use the bonus HSTs from the blocks, but couldn't decide on a color for the border that would separate them from the blocks. That was a stumbling point for almost two years. Finally, I decided to try a dark red since the cheddar pieces have bits of red in them. It seems to work. Now to get this one quilted. The size is a nice throw.



6 comments:

Deb A said...

Great job. I love your colors and the red really works for the border on this quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

Beautiful! Love the red choice!

Diane said...

oh my it's wonderful! I love the colors the movement--way to go!!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Oh, beautiful quilt. Love the colors. Great piecing!

Michelle said...

Great job finishing up your Starstruck quilt! I think that red border adds just the right touch.

Talin's Corner said...

What a stunning quilt! I think the red border makes the center quilt stand out. Great job.