Thursday, July 28, 2011

Quilt for Abby

To celebrate my granddaughter's 'Sweet Sixteen" birthday, I made a new quilt for her bed. The colors and fabrics are happy ones. We watched her open the present via Skype on Jim's laptop.



I've spent the last two days at The Quilted Cottage enjoying the July "Sleep At Home Retreat". Bowtie blocks are piling up near my machine for the last quilt in the Prairie Woman's Sewing Circle. I also made one 36 squares block just before I left tonight. AmandaJean has been making these and it looked like fun.

5 comments:

LuAnn said...

What a great quilt for Abby. I just know she loves those bright colors. I am loving all of the 36 patches I'm seeing on blogs.

Andrea said...

Abby looks very cosy indeed under that lovely quilt :-) I am toying with the idea of doing the 16 patches but think I'll have to pass this one. Have a nice weekend Jeanne x

Barb said...

What a cute quilt for her sixteenth birthday! She will love it!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilt and the fabrics. I bet your granddaughter was thrilled. Isn't Skype wonderful! How big are those little squares you are making?

Quilter Kathy said...

What a beautiful quilt you made for Abby...I'm sure she loves it! I am trying to resist the 36 patch quilt along...although it is probably a great stash buster.
Lucky you to be at retreat in your fabulous quilt store...enjoy!