Monday, August 31, 2009

Sleep At Home Retreat





What a great retreat! My LQS, The Quilted Cottage, is located in a strip. The business next door moved so they have been able to rent the space for retreats. We sewed from 10-9 Wednesday and Thursday, 10-11 on Friday and 10-5 on Saturday. Each day there is a winner for a bucket filled with goodies from the shop. We are fed a terrific meal each day and have access to the quilt shop all during the retreat. At night, we sleep in our own beds at home. Isn't this the perfect set-up? We had forty attendees who stitched and laughed together. Oh, we also get a charm. The one on the left side is from this retreat.

I finished The Diva Essential Designer Bag, made 1 1/2 Halloween table toppers, almost finished a DNP and worked on a strip quilt from Hanne's challenge LAST summer. The Diva bag can also be used as a backpack and has lots of pockets inside and out. It took almost two days to finish, but I love it.

Every time someone finished a project, Clara would ring a bell so everyone could admire it. I have pictures of several to share later.

16 comments:

Cathi said...

That sounds like the perfect retreat! Love your Hallowe'en block.

Andrea said...

This sounds like the best retreat ever - I'm so jealous. Love the idea of the bell ringing - maybe I'll get one here at my house - lol !

SewCalGal said...

Your bag and halloween block are both delightful. Thanks for sharing. Very inspirational.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

swooze said...

How nice! That is my kind of retreat.

Fabricmom said...

Love the Halloween topper. getting ready to make a Halloween wall hanging myself.

Kathy A. said...

What a lovely idea for a retreat. Sounds like great fun. Love, love, love your Halloween topper.

Elsie Montgomery said...

What a great retreat. That bag looks super and I think I need a bell for my house too!

sewkalico said...

Sounds like an awesome retreat. I'm so jealous!! Your finished projects look super!!

Judy S. said...

Fun! Love the bag and the Halloween table topper. Cute pattern.

Quilter Kathy said...

Truly sounds like heaven to me!!
You really got a lot accomplished too!
Cute Halloween project!

Unknown said...

This would be the perfect retreat for me, sleeping at home! The bag is looking great.

LuAnn said...

It sounds like you had a great time. I love your Halloween block.

Jan said...

What a great retreat you had! Love your bag---all those pockets will come in handy! Cute Halloween wall hanging!

Disaster Diva Debbie said...

I love that bag! Sounds like you had lots of fun.

Disaster Diva Debbie said...

I love that bag! Sounds like you had lots of fun.

Barb said...

You are one busy gal, love your halloween block.