Friday, August 7, 2009

Blueberries

pails of blueberries in our trunk

Wednesday was the perfect day to go blueberry picking. We picked up Nick and Connie and
headed west. After about two hours of picking (they were hanging like grapes on the vine) we had almost 60 pounds of berries between the four of us. They are sooooo good.

Yesterday was my birthday (not a zero) and it was another great day. My folks treated Jim and I to a perch lunch which was delicious. The Tigers beat the Orioles in an afternoon game, I got a birthday charm and discount at my LQS and I bought a little Janome. It's the AQS2009 and I will take it to classes and retreats giving my Featherweight a break from traveling. I love the push a button and watch it sew feature!

While there, I took a picture of the shop sample I just finished sewing. It's called Spinning Flowers by Amy Davidson of Humble Bee Quilt Works.

Spinning Flowers quilt same for shop

Added: Terry has a terrific giveaway of patterns and books here.

16 comments:

floribunda said...

those blueberries look amazing! the squirrels ate all the berries off our bushes this year... not that we had a lot to start with.

Anne Heidi said...

Happy belated birthday! The blueberries look delicious, you are so lucky to be able to pick so much berries!

Beth said...

Congratulations!
I love blueberries but here is so rare!

Mama Spark said...

I can't believe you picked so many blueberries! I am so jealous!! Happy, Happy Birthday my friend!! We need to try to get together again soon. Have you visited my blog? I have a great give away from Bunny Hill going on.

Unknown said...

Ummm blueberries, it is about two weeks until we can go picking them here. The quilt is beautiful.

Judy S. said...

Blueberries, yum! Don't they freeze great? Happy belated birthday! A new Janome sounds pretty nice, I'd say. Have a great weekend.

Disaster Diva Debbie said...

Happy Birthday!...belated, of course....leave it to me to miss the day, daggone it! Those blueberries look wonderful. What did you make with yours?

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Birthday! I've been picking blueberries too!

Lori Holt said...

Happy blueberries...happy birthday...and happy sewing on your new machine!
x lori

Greenmare said...

oh those blueberries are gorgeous!!!! and happy happy birthday!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was a good day. All those blueberries look delicious!

Mary Johnson said...

Happy Birthday -- so glad you had a nice day. I have a Janome Jem that I bought for HeartStrings sew in and love the push button. My new brother has it too. I find I need the foot pedal when I'm doing bindings and borders but I love the push button for string piecing.

Rhonda said...

Happy belated birthday Jeanne!
Wow... those blueberries look scrumptious! Wish we have a place here to go and pick fresh berries.

MARCIE said...

Spinning Flowers is adorable! And those blueberries look fabulous. I am so envious! Michigan Blueberries!

Rose Marie said...

I didn't get picking this year, but your baskets looked so good. Your quilt is lovely.

sewkalico said...

Very belated Birthday wishes to you! Those blueberries look fabulous as does the quilt!!