Monday, December 29, 2008

SSCS Gift Sent

Santa wallhanging and two ornaments

Wallhanging of a Santa's face
The clock is ticking down and soon 2008 will be a memory. It flew by so quickly! I need to step up my game for next year or I'll never get those UFOs into a finished pile.

This is the gift I sent to Peg from Happy in Quilting. It was one of the first patterns I purchased years ago when I began quilting, but I had never made it. How many can relate to that statement? After making the mini log cabins for the Broken Star top, I was in the mood for more. This pattern has always remained in my favorite pile 'to do someday' so I began. I really enjoyed making this and maybe the next one will be for me. Thanks to Peg for letting me borrow her pics as they turned out better than mine did.

When all of the presents were opened and the tree skirt was clear again, Jasper couldn't wait to claim it as his holiday bed. Annie didn't really pay much attention to the tree, but was always looking for attention.

Jasper stretched out under the Christmas tree
Annie wanting her belly rubbed

This afternoon I have a dental appointment for a crown prep. Not my idea of a fun time.

The raffle quilt for our guild is at my house and I will quilt on that when I get home. I signed up for the Whirl into Winter give-away. I will post more about that on January 1st.

I'm enjoying seeing all of the wonderful gifts that were sent for Chooky's SSCS this year. She is featuring them in several posts on her blog.

And the Lions made history yesterday going 0-16 for the season! What a sad year for the team and the fans. I heard that Marinelli is now history as the coach, also.

21 comments:

Gina said...

I love that quilt I can see why it was on your favourite's pile.
your cats look so comfy

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Elsie Montgomery said...

While I'm not a "santa" person, that is a very engaging little quilt, and I can almost see that twinkle in his eye. Good job!

Happy New Year!

Cathi said...

I love that little quilt you made for Peg! It is so different!
And your cats -- oh, my! Love those photos!

Libby said...

What a darling Santa - log cabin blocks are far more versatile than one would imagine at first glance *s*

Rhonda said...

Great Santa wallhanging! You did an awesome job!

Those felines are adorable too.

Unknown said...

The Santa is so beautiful.

Dionne said...

Your santa is so lovely. But I must admit, I was quite distracted by that lovely kitty belly. I love my cat's fat, furry belly most of all.
Cheers,
Dionne

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I just loved my Santa wall hanging and tree ornaments...thank you so very much once again Jeanne....they will be cherished.

dot said...

What a cute Santa quilt. I remember seeing this on Chookyblue's blog. I love it. You did a great job.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work..Very Different..
cheers

Mama Spark said...

Jeanne I love this Santa quilt! I also think that Jasper looks most handsome on the tree skirt. I have one that is similar and Jack looks good on it too!

"Meowie Christmas, Jasper!" from Jack!!

Chookyblue...... said...

love the Santa..........done well......

Anonymous said...

I love the Santa quilt, I love log cabin blocks so this quilt is perfect. Did you paper piece the logs since they are small? I've not tried that but have seen quilts made that way.
I can relate to the dental appt...I did that a few weeks ago and have another one coming up for the 2nd crown. It will be nice once they all are completed and no more trips to the dentist for a long time.
Wishes to you for a very happy new year, and a safe one too.

Jan said...

I love that Santa quilt--he is so cute--has a twinkle in his eye!!!! The kitties are so cute!

corry said...

Love the Santa wall hanging! Wishing you a Happy New Year, may 2009 brings you and your loved ones lots of joy and happiness!

Willow Lake Stitches said...

OH ! this Santa is SO CUTE ! How generous of you to gift it to your friend, the lucky gal !

I hope to find more time to read more of your blog, it's very interesting !

Happy New Year

Beth

Barb said...

I have you in my favorites....

Just stopping by to say thanks for entering my blog giveaway.

Have a great day...

Unknown said...

Jeanne - I just love this log cabin Santa - what a kind face he has

Christine said...

Your Santa quilt looks great. I admired it on Peg's blog too.
Cute kitties.
Christine

Unknown said...

Oh, those santas are soooo cool! Beautifully done!

Sølvis blog said...

Love your Santa. Thanks for the nice comments in my blog