Friday, September 19, 2008

World Alzheimer's Day

This Sunday, September 21, is World Alzheimer's Day. This horrific thief of mind affects 26.6 million people. Jim's uncle was one of the unfortunate people to fall prey to this disease. He was a jokster, always had a smile and twinkles in his eyes. Alzheimers stole these from him and his family. Please help to find a cure. Ami has designed a virtual banner for your blog or website to spread the word.
The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative: Raising Awareness & Funding Research

4 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Prayers raised for a cure for this dreaded disease! I'm inspired by all the dedicated champions for this cause, well done one and all!

Mary Johnson said...

My FIL didn't suffer from Alzheimer's but he did have dementia caused by the treatment for his Leukemia. We were lucky that up until the week he died he still had many clear moments and still recognized family. I hope the research they're doing now leads to a cure soon.

Beth said...

This disease is terrible...My father died in 2004 after 15 years with Alzheimer.It was very hard.
I hope that a cure will be find.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Jeanne,
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, they meant so much to read them all when we got back online.
Alzeheimer's is a disease that is so hard on everyone. The person that has the disease and the loved ones that see them have to go through this disease. My best friends mother died of this.
I've got you saved so I can keep visiting. Love your blog.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie