Monday, April 7, 2008

Challenge Results

Tam Murphy and Jane Werner display the finished challenge projects
The projects are finished and delivered for the Habitat for Humanity Auction. We had lunch today at Jane and Linda's church where the auction is held and then were interviewed by the local newspaper about the challenge and auction. There were four pairs of fabric medleys and one single medley used. On the wall is group one - Jane, pictured on the right, made a sailboat quilt and Tam, on the left, made the cat quilt behind Jane. Tam is holding my quilt and in front of it is the tote bag that my cousin, Mary, made with the same fabrics from group two. Group three is the sewing machine quilt made by my sister, Connie, and the cat quilt made by my other sister, Judy. They really did use the same fabrics. Jane is holding the group four results. My sister-in-law, Lori, made the dahlia quilt and our friend, Linda, made the hobo bag. The single fabric medley was used by my niece, Amy to make a beautiful tablerunner. We had a lot of fun with this and hope it brings a good return for the auction.

I received a lovely thank you gift from Joan at Keeping You In Stitches for sending her pieces of Moda fabrics for the applecore quilt she is piecing. She sent a pretty card, flower seeds and a recipe for apple dumplings that sounds delicious. Thank you!

flower seed packet, card and recipe from Joan

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you giving your quilt to the auction?

QuiltNut Creations said...

beautiful quilts and a great cause!

you won my giveaway for March!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You're gonna love the Apple Dumplings. I took them to our church pot luck a while back and now I'm getting requests for them. Good luck with the auction. How nice of you!

Mama Spark said...

Ok, Judy *needs* to share that pattern for the cat pillow. i can already see Jack (or Jasper for that matter) on that pillow! Your quilt is beautiful, of course.

Andrea said...

Fingers crossed the auction raises lots of money - I'm sure it will. Keep us posted.

Carin said...

What a great cause to make a quilt for!