Friday, August 3, 2007

Pincushion arrives

Beep! Beep! The mail carrier usually pulls into our driveway and beeps her horn when she has a package or box for us. Today's surprise was the beautiful pincushion that I won over at Darlene's blog. She used the prettiest fabrics to make this and I just love it. Thanks, so much for offering these gifts and for drawing my name.

strawberry shaped pin cushion
Jim has been up and down the stairs all day moving some of his unused "treasures" to his van. Tomorrow he will set up tables at Immanual Lutheran for an outdoor garage sale/flea market event. I hope he comes home with an empty van and a full wallet.
log cabin quilt blocks for the wedding quilt
Here's a picture of the sixty-eight log cabin blocks that make up the outer border for the wedding quilt in my last post. Today I am trimming and tying off threads on the back of the top. Thank you to everyone for the lovely comments you left. I really appreciate the encouragement.

Abby and Ian will be visiting us next week! We are really looking forward to their stay here.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

I love your pincushion! I got mine today also and I just think it's the cutest. You are moving right along with your quilt. Keep up the good work. :-)

Kim said...

all the blocks for border look great :)
and what a cute pincushion too- wow!
I was busy making broken dishes blocks and triming up some scraps for the 2 1/2" bin and more bow tie blocks for future "love quilts" so hopefully next time I won't have to spend a morning making blocks to send out I can reach into the bin and mail some right out.
Have a great weekend!

Leigh said...

They will finish it off beautifully.

Unknown said...

Your quilt is so beautiful! Keep at it and you will be finishing soon. Cute pincushion!

~Bren~ said...

Your pincushion is great. I am anxious to see the borders on the wedding quilt. I just LOVE that quilt.

Susan said...

Beautiful pincushion. Love the color. That wedding quilt is really going to be something!

Libby said...

We just never do get over the fun of a package at the door *s*