Friday, July 13, 2007

No More Stalling

my Dear Jane quilt with one border attached
Yvonne asked me today if I was still stalled with my triangle borders. I was happy to reply to her that the first one was ready to stitch tonight. I can now report one down, and three to go. It wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated. It seldom is. I make such mountains out of every little mole hole. It's that ole perfection thing. As long as the next step is only in my mind, it is still perfect. In reality, it will never be perfect, but I keep repeating this behavior.

Our garden is full of sunflower volunteers. They are beginning to bloom in bunches. I don't like to pull them out even though some are invading the tomato plants. There's alwys too many tomatoes anyway.

sunflowers in our garden

12 comments:

Susan said...

Your quilt is gorgeous. Perfect doesn't matter. You'll have one, and I won't. =)

~Bren~ said...

It looks perfect from here!! So gorgeous! That's gotta feel good.

Belvie said...

Way to go, Jeanne. Your quilt is beautiful.

Sunflowers and tomatoes...I love them both. I only have one tomato plant this year and have the first tomato in the kitchen ready to eat.

Leigh said...

Your quilt will be magnificent.

Libby said...

Love those sunflowers - mine are an all volunteer force this year *s*

Your quilt is just wonderful - you deserve to give yourself a pat on the back - a gorgeous and complicated piece.

Mary Johnson said...

I love the sunflowers - I think they may be my favorite flower.

Yvonne said...

I love tomatoes and sunflowers....I think I would have a hard time getting rid of either.

Helen in the UK said...

The quilt is looking great. You're not the only one who puts stuff off in case it doesn't go right!

Rose Johnston said...

Ur DJ Quilt is gorgeous, ive made 1 block done so far (this will be a long, long term quilt for me) but i just enjoy reading the book lol. Those sunflowers r magnificent!!!!

Rhonda said...

W...O....W! What a beautiful quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

YES! You are tackling the borders!
Good for you!

bingo~bonnie said...

I take it, that by saying volunteers you mean they came up wild...? How neat! Your photo of them is very pretty and I hope you don't mind but I copied it into a word document for my 3 year old.

She started preschool this year, and one of the things I am doing for her is each week printing out photos of items that begin with the letter they will be learning at school that week. I hang it up on the door of the batroom so I can coach her during bath time ;)

So now I have another to add to my "Letter S" page. Thanks! ~Bonnie in SE Texas